Monday, March 9, 2009

New Class - New thoughts

new thoughts - can we change the way we think about things, change our attitudes, make our own lives better?

in the class I'm taking, we were asked to think - to go back and look at our first money memory, and what we learned from it.

I thought and thought, and I flashed back on my mother (stepmom #2) and how it was her birthday - I had no money to buy her a gift (I was 9 or 10) and I was told to get out of the house and not to come back until we had a gift for her -

my sister and I scrounged up coke bottles and the like, until we had a couple of bucks, and then we went to the drugstore and bought some thing.

-

What I learned from this; is that you are worthless unless you have money, unless you have a gift to bring, you are useless.

of course this doesn't make it true, it is just what I brought away from it.

-

I confessed this at the class, and later I felt so incredibly free and lighter that I ever had before.

No comments: